Christchurch Veterinary Surgery was established by Shane and Charlotte Morrison in 2001.
Christchurch Street First Opinion Practice
The first opinion practice runs by an appointment system to ensure a high quality of patient and client care. We can offer many different appointment times throughout the day for your convenience.
We aim for you to see the same Vet every time wherever possible. All of our Vets are very experienced and kind. Any treatment that your pet may require will be fully explained to you and all options and costs will always be discussed with you fully before any treatment is undertaken.
We also have a Surgical Referral Centre on Tuddenham Road (Christchurch Veterinary Referrals). All the facilities for the Referral practice are shared with the First opinion side of the practice so therefore the care available for your pet is extremely high.
We have a very large car park at the rear of the surgery for client use only. The car park is accessed via Cobbold Street
Please give us a call and chat to one of our receptionists if you require any further information.
We have wonderful facilities available that we are very proud of:
- Air conditioned facilities
- Separate cat and dog wards with piped oxygen available for patients requiring oxygen therapy.
- Two prep rooms (where we anaesthetize patients and prepare them for surgery)
- Two large sterile theatres with hepa filtering (reducing air borne bacteria), air conditioning, patient monitoring facilities (blood pressure and blood oxygen level monitoring, ECG etc.) piped oxygen, nitrous oxide (a pain relieving gas) and air (for our orthopaedic equipment).
- A full range if in-house Diagnostic facilities (Blood testing etc)
- We employ only Qualified Veterinary Nurses listed with the Royal College Of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Air Driven Dentistry equipment.
The practice is inspected regularly by the Royal College Of Veterinary Surgeons ensuring that we comply with current Health and Safety regulations and that we maintain the high standard of care within the practice. We are registered as a Tier 2 practice. You can find out more information regarding the Practice Standards scheme at www.rcvs.org.uk.
Veterinary treatment can often involve surgical procedures which can be stressful both for pets and owners. With our Vet's advanced training and expertise in this area, our fully equipped operating theatre and our excellent nurses, our clients can be sure their pet is in good hands. Our policy is to use only the safest anaesthetics available for all procedures.